Roka Commune HIV Cluster (2015)
Roka Commune HIV Cluster Response (2015)
Supporting newly diagnosed PLHIV, their families and the wider Roka community.
In 2015, a HIV outbreak was identified in Roka Commune, Battambang province, resulting in 272 new HIV diagnoses among people of all ages, including children. In collaboration with CPN+ and under the support of UNAIDS, AUA was responsible for strengthening the capacity of Roka Health Center staff to adequately serve newly diagnosed PLHIV. This involved supporting all aspects of holistic HIV treatment.
AUA's activities in Roka Commune included:
- Managing triage at Roka Health Center
- Tracing missing and lost patients
- General counseling for households and in-depth counseling for PLHIV and their partners at Pre-ART/ART service centers
- Counseling around the use of Good Food Toolkits
- Development of IEC materials, including information about treatment literacy and drug adherence
- Mobilizing social support from the community and local authorities by raising awareness on how to reduce stigma and discrimination
- Organizing coordination meetings between clinic staff and PLHIV
Key project results include: